Emerge Spring Festival StreetFair
Spring Festival StreetFair
Saturday 1 September, Chatswood CBD.
The North Shore’s biggest street party will explode with new features and events including music, cooking, video gaming and kids activities.
Starting with the street parade from 10.30am on Saturday 1 September, hundreds of members from community groups will dance and sing their way through the Chatswood CBD down Anderson Street and Victoria Avenue past The Concourse, finishing near Chatswood Chase.
The parade signals the start of one huge day of activities, demonstrations, food and fun.
The highlights include:
- Magical Lane – a fantasy world for little ones, including unicorn rides, farm animals, jumping castle and face painting
- Spring Vibes – DJs spinning tunes at the station level of Chatswood Interchange – the ultimate chill out zone.
- Esports Stage – gaming central for beginners and the most dedicated gaming and CosPlay enthusiasts
- Asian Inspirations Stage – cook up a storm with demonstrations from top chefs
- Kidzone – gymnastics, dance, hip hop shows and all that’s in for tweens
- The Concourse – circus, kung fu workshop, hip hop workshop, cheer leading workshops
- Willoughby’s Got Talent – the best concert and school bands from the North Shore.
- Market stalls selling locally made arts and crafts and gourmet world foods.
- Chatswood Chase – Cherry Blossom Garden
Welcome to Willoughby City Council’s 2018 Emerge Festival, the largest cultural and entertainment celebration on Sydney’s North Shore.
Emerge showcases everything that is great about our city and everything that we strive to be. Our rich cultural diversity is certainly on display in StreetFair which kick off the celebrations on 1 September.
Our prosperous and vibrant city has earned a name for itself as being a hub for fantastic food. This year’s Emerge Festival will be a foodie’s delight, showcasing the best cuisine, beer and local produce. Our energetic arts and music scene comes to life with exhibitions, live music and performances in our cultural hub The Concourse and around the city.
We are fortunate that Willoughby is a green and liveable city surrounded by nature. And this year’s festival is packed with events to get you out and about exploring the beauty on our door step. There’s also plenty of workshops and advice on how we can ensure a sustainable future for our city.
I’d like to offer a big thank you to everyone who contributed to this year’s Emerge Festival. To all our valued sponsors, partners, event organisers, facilitators, educators, artists, performers and volunteers – it’s wonderful to see the community come together this way.
Emerge is one of my favourite times of year and I can’t wait to see you out and about this September. Share your images and experiences with #emergefestival. Enjoy!