Meet our Board
About our Northside Radio Board
- The Northside Radio Board consists of 9 independent non-executive directors (One position is currently vacant).
- Our 2NSB directors are passionate about Northside Radio and bring a wide range of media, not-for-profit, legal, business and commercial skills to the board.
- The key role of the board is to provide oversight and governance to ensure Northside Radio remains on air, providing great music and local content for our vibrant North Shore community.
- In doing so, the board oversees the strategic direction of the cooperative, with a focus on all governance issues and associated business functions (regulatory, financial, legal, audit and risk).
- The board ensures our radio programs are delivered as effectively and efficiently as possible, to make the most of funds donated by our wonderful sponsors, subscribers and members.
- 2NSB has five associated committees and three sub-committees to assist with the effective running of the station.
- 2NSB Board meet monthly. Officers are elected annually at the Northside Radio AGM.
Jerry is also the chair of The Programming and Training Committee and a member of the
Graham also chairs the Finance Management & Admin Committee and is a member of the Grants Committee. Graham Steele Born in England, has lived in Australia for 30 years. An Industrial Chemist by profession he started on the laboratory bench
Louise is also a member of the Marketing, Fundraising and Events Committee.
I’m Northside Radio’s Technical Director, chair of the Engineering and Technical sub-committee,
Ron chairs the Internal and External Property Maintenance Sub-Committee and is a member of the Programming and Training Committee.
Mary Jane is a Co-Chair of the Sales Marketing & Fundraising Committee. She has volunteered at Northside Radio from 2015. In that time she has helped with
Mary Jane has lived in Australia since ’81, coming from USA, born in Canada. She has taught high school Maths in NSW for 27 years, and also marketed and promoted her colleges for 15 years. She was also responsible for publications, alumni relations and events at the colleges.
Besides volunteering at Northside, she has taught literacy and numeracy to refugees from South Sudan and Syria in high schools in Marayong, Milperra and Blacktown. She volunteers with St Vincent de Paul Society making home visits for the past 20 years. She enjoys promoting Australian music and playing contemporary music from people most haven’t heard of. She like exposing listeners to new stuff to keep their brains alive!
John is a member of the Grants Committee and was one of the team who successfully applied for 2NSB’s